Why are some having so much trouble with F7?

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Sat Jun 23 15:35:17 UTC 2007

At 11:13 AM 6/23/2007, R. Irving wrote:

<RI>>>>>DVD won't install to systems with SATA Drives... FC-7 team has
found this bug, and decided they aren't going to fix it, as it has been
labeled "Wont Fix" in the database<<<<<

Hmmm ... so it has.  That seems strange.  Maybe there is no ready fix, or
maybe it's a kernel problem that's beyond the scope of the F7 team's
mandate... maybe it's some limitation of the SATA driver and the person
responsible for the SATA driver isn't available right now, or something...

I know there has been considerable discussion of SATA on this list... since
I don't have a SATA drive (nor any knowledge of SATA and Linux) and traffic
on this list is WAY too heavy to read every posting, I've been skipping
over them... guess it'll be interesting to go back and read them...