still no happiness getting wireless to work with F7

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 23 20:53:52 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 12:58 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   as a followup to my previous posts, i'm still fighting with F7 to
> get simple wireless up and running.  at this point, i'm using the same
> layout as i was with FC6:
>
>   * dell inspiron 92ou are doing. But heere is what you shpould do.y00
>   * linksys PCMCIA net card
>   * linksys WRT54GL router, now running openwrt

I don't know what you are doing but here is what you should do:
1. stop init.d script network from running.
2. Get init scripts NetworkManager and NetrworkManagerDispatcher to run.
3. Reboot. The NM applet which appears in the right side of the upper
panel will appear.
4. Left click on the applet and you will see the options for
connections.Wired and wireless. Choose the one you want and you will be
able to configure that access point or connection. This works well for
me.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>