Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs

Erik Hemdal ehemdal at townisp.com
Sun Jun 24 00:56:06 UTC 2007

> From: Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: Where are the Fedora 7 CD ISOs
> To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> On Friday 22 June 2007 8:02:50 pm bdk at unb.ca wrote:
> > Some of the systems I need to upgrade from FC 5/6 to Fedora 7 do not have
> > a DVD drive. In the past there was a set of 4 or 5 CDs that one used to
> > upgrade. Do these ISO images still exist for Fedora 7?  I see a KDE and
> > Gnome(?) live ISOs but no full distribution.
> >
> > If so where are they?
> >
> > If not how does one go from FC5/6 to Fedora 7 without a DVD drive?
>
> The live CDs are also installable. Just stick it in, boot to it. If it comes
> up OK you will find a "install to harddrive" icon on the desktop. Just run
> this.
>
> It runs anaconda so you should have the full range of upgrade/install options
> as a normal install (not 100% sure on this though, when I did it I did a
> fresh install and didn't look to see if there was an upgrade option ?)

Chris, thanks for the post.  This is one of the most helpful I've seen
about getting to F7.  I don't mind doing a fresh install, but I do mind
buying a new drive.

> As there is only one CD there is of course a reduced set of packages
> available - But assuming your system has network they are all but a yum
> install away, so no big deal.

How can you discover *all* the packages from a Live CD, if its contents
are cut down?  I've noticed several packages have changed names and many
appear to be completely new, at least to me.  In the past, I could at
the least start browsing around the CD set if I had no other way to find
what I wanted.

Also, do you know if there are any side-effects that cause trouble with
dual-boot systems when you install this way?

Erik