Samba: the account is not authorized to log in

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 24 09:09:45 UTC 2007

Alexander Dalloz:
>> A bit unqualified bug report. You should add at least a diff of the
>> samba configuration files after the boot and after running
>> system-config-samba, which fixes the situation for you, as you say. And
>> provide error messages along with log file extracts.

Paul Smith:
> If someone can guide me how to do that, I will do.

Simple approach:  Save the first configuration file somewhere else, do
whatever causes a change, run "diff" on the two files (the saved and the
current one).

e.g. diff filename1 filename2

"man diff" for further information.

--
(This box runs FC7, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & CentOS 5.0, in
 case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.