Samba: the account is not authorized to log in

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 12:17:52 UTC 2007

On 6/24/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > Surprisingly, the two smb.conf files are not different.
> > Therefore, the problem is somewhere else.
>
> I wonder if you're running into one of those
> "who's the browse master?" fights?
>
> Everytime a box joins a SMB network, they all have a pissing contest to
> see who gets to be boss.  It can take a while to sort out, and some
> things can go peculiar in the meantime.

I do not think it is the case, Tim, as the reported problem occurs
even when the virtual machine is started long after the F7 reboot. On
the other hand, when I run system-config-samba, I see that the shared
directory is not set as visible; I only need to set it as visible to
have the sharing process running fine. But I have to do that after
each reboot.

Paul