eog crashes -> binary with debuginfo

Boris Glawe public at boris-glawe.de
Sun Jun 24 17:57:23 UTC 2007

Hello,

mit image viewer eog crashes very often.

My problem ist, that the responsible developers asked for debug information.

The eog version installed with F7 does not have any debuginformation
compiled in.

My question:
How can I replace my eog installation with a binary containing
debuginformation? I've installed the eog-debuginfo package (without
really understanding, what it's responsibility is), which didn't help.

I know, that debugging information is being included in a binary when
the -g option is passed to gcc. As I'm not calling the gcc compiler
manually, that does not help very much!?

Do you have any idea how to install a eog version with debugging
information included?

Thanks and greets

Boris