OT: Cutting in two halves each page of a pdf document

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Jun 24 19:12:04 UTC 2007

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:24:43 +0100
Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Is there some way of cutting in two halves each page of a pdf document
> (in landscape) and getting a single pdf document with each one of
> those halves being a page?

Just off of the top of my head, I would be inclined to rip the PDF down into
individual pages with pdftk and then use Imagemagick to grab the left side of
each page, then the right side, and so on.  Re-assemble the PDF at the end with
pdftk once more, and that should do it.

This is the first time I have seen anyone ask about how to de-impose a PDF, but
I don't see why that won't work.