The 2 Updates you sent

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Jun 24 22:09:23 UTC 2007

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:03:52 -0600
Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:

> Hello I do not know who you are but this morning on my FC6 computer
> there was 2 files waiting to be allowed to be uploaded but they are
> gstreamer files.

*boggle*

Good heavens.

Karl, the automatic update checker is not "someone", it is a program that runs
on your own computer.  This program checks with update mirrors periodically and
lets you know if there are any updates (i.e. newer versions) to programs, data
and other miscellaneous software that were installed on your computer from a
RPM file on a site that yum knows about.

If you are advised that you have updates available, then there is a newer
version of whatever the software is available for download.  That's all.

I believe you said that you installed out-of-date versions of gstreamer for
reasons that I lost track of long ago.  Therefore, your update checking program
is telling you that newer versions are available.  That's all.