Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Jun 25 11:05:14 UTC 2007

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>> Kelly:
>> Les Mikesell:
>>> Of course that's what they want.  Why does that matter?
>> Just so long as they don't succeed (at the "forcing," or just continuing
>> to make life very difficult for everyone else).
>>

> Give me one example of how they can make my life difficult.
>
> Have fun ;-)

My wife had three experiences the last week or so.

1)  Missed ER.  You can watch it online...
http://www.channel4.com/4od/index.html ... if you are specifically on XP
with specifically WMP10 and specifically IE.

2) Attempted to attach a PDF while sending from her hotmail account.
New special feature on Hotmail: you have to have specifically IE to
attach anything.  Obviously there is zero technical reason for that.

3) Was sent a Word document from a friend she couldn't open in Open
Office, because of the deliberate incompatibilities introduced by
Microsoft in each version of office in the apps' default saving format.

Let's not pretty it up: Microsoft are an evil Mammon-worshipping
corporation.

-Andy