Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Jun 25 12:03:45 UTC 2007

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Andy Green wrote:
>> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>>>>
>>> Give me one example of how they can make my life difficult.
>>>
>> My wife had three experiences the last week or so.
>>
>> 1, 2, 3
>
> I'm sorry the obvious incompatibilities and lack of companies paying
> attention make anyone's life difficult, but it doesn't apply to me or at
> least doesn't make my life any more difficult.

Well... they are deliberate proprietary incompatabilities in all three
cases.  Particularly the hotmail one... how about Software Patents in
the EU then, because MSFT lobby for it... this would definitely hurt
someone in .nl... livna is in .fr...

http://eupat.ffii.org/players/microsoft/

Or if you live in or visit the 99.1% Windows penetration South Korea and
want https or ssh on your Linux box...

http://www.kanai.net/weblog/archive/2007/01/26/00h53m55s
http://openweb.or.kr/?page_id=60

Or if you think state entities paid for by tax money should use Open
Document Format, because sleek Microsoft "lobbyists" are slithering and
crawling all over the legislatures in your geographic region cajoling
and threatening (and getting officials that don't agree with them sacked
pour encourager les autres)

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=273815&intsrc=news_ts_head

-Andy