How to get rid of auto-logout

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Mon Jun 25 13:11:40 UTC 2007

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 07:21:16 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:16:41 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>

>> One of my F7 machines keeps logging me out whenever I let it alone for
>> a few minutes. How do I make it stop?
>
> (t)csh users can add this line to the .login file:
>
> unset autologout
>
> bash users should refer to this page:
>
> http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_43_5762.shtm

That doesn't say how to set it *not* to log out, ever at all --
especially not if, as in this case, there is no setting in that file to
start with. (At least not explicitly; the code is geek to me.)

But I can see that it would or might be useful to someone who might want
the opposite of what I've got.