Bluetooth support

Rogue roguexz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:25:59 UTC 2007

Konstantin Svist wrote:
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Konstantin Svist wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still using FC6, haven't had much chance to try F7.
>>> Got a question for those who have [tried] it: how is the built-in
>>> bluetooth support?
>>>
>>> With FC5 and FC6 I had to install some packages just to start using
>>> bluetooth, and never actually got bluetooth headsets working.
>>> In contrast, windows xp allows me to use the bluetooth headphones with
>>> pretty much zero configuration (past the initial driver/software
>>> install).
>>>
>>> Has anything improved in F7?
>>
>> Surely you have to "install some packages" to get most things working.
>> I think "yum install bluez*" will give you everything you want.
>>

> But what about headset support? I couldn't get it to work at all, last
> time I tried. Does it work as soon as you install the right packages,
> now? Or do you still need to compile/configure a lot of stuff?

I have been trying to work with the bluetooth-alsa[1] project to get my
BT headset to work with the F7 install of mine, but havent had much luck
so far. I shall definitely let you know if I get anywhere with this.

Ideally this should be provided as mobility support via bluetooth.

later,
Rogue

1 - http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/