install lshw

kalinix calin.kalinix.cosma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:41:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 09:36 +0000, Thufir wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:27:44 +0930, Tim wrote:
> [...]
> >> [root at localhost ~]# yum -y install lshw Loading "installonlyn" plugin
> >> Setting up Install Process
> >> Parsing package install arguments
> >> Nothing to do
> >
> > That's the sort of thing you see when you ask it to install something
> > that's already installed.  Have you checked to see if it is?
> [...]
>
> I saw a post in the fedora community portal where a user was mentioning
> adding the freshrpm repo, which I did. Still no luck.  Yum is working,
> it's just that the system is uptodate.
>

> [root at localhost ~]#
> [root at localhost ~]# lshw
> -bash: lshw: command not found
> [root at localhost ~]#
> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -q lshw
> package lshw is not installed
> [root at localhost ~]#
> [root at localhost ~]# date
> Tue Jun 26 02:33:10 PDT 2007
> [root at localhost ~]#
> [root at localhost ~]#
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

Thufir,

I didn't see any lshw package neither on F7, atrpms, livna or freshrpms.
The only repositories  I saw lshw was DAG and/or RPMForge, but there was
only up to FC4-FC5.

The meaning of this is if you want lshw installed you may have to go to
their site (http://ezix.org/project/wiki/HardwareLiSter) download the
source and compile it by yourself. Or (but I cannot guarantee it will
work) go to DAG/RPMForge site, download the src.rpm and rebuild the rpm
from source.

Calin Cosma