DVI output, ATI or nVidia

Mario Rossi mariofutire at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 26 18:45:11 UTC 2007

I'd like to buy a PC to be used with Linux.

Not sure which graphics card has the best support in Linux: ATI or nVdia.
I don't need it to play, so I think 3D is not essential.
Just to be able to plug in an external TV (via DVI or S-Video), and
watch HD video.

I've seen something with nVidia GE 7XXX or GE 8XXX.
Alternative is ATI 1650SE
Or should I go for one Intel integrated?

I had a lot of problem with my current ATI card and the fglrx binary drive.

Does anybody know what is the best choice for a Desktop with Linux?

Cheers