Where Did It Go?

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Tue Jun 26 19:48:03 UTC 2007

Gene Poole wrote on Tuesday 26 June 2007:

> I tried with a new disk inserted - no luck.  I looked in
> /proc/scsi/scsi and only saw the existing 3-drives.  I looked in dmesg
> but didn't see any indication of an additional drive.

You say dmesg shows nothing about you ZIP drive? Here I guess it's a
BIOS /hardware/kernel problem. Did you double check all cables and
jumpers? (just in case...) Does the ZIP drive appear in BIOS messages on
boot?

Do you have another OS on your computer in which you can verify that the
ZIP drive still works?

--
bye,
Adalbert

NOTICE: -- THE ELEVATORS WILL BE OUT OF ORDER TODAY -- (The nearest
working elevator is in the building across the street.)