XEN problem under FC7

Mike Carney mc-al34luc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 27 04:27:47 UTC 2007

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to install a virtualized FC7 under a XEN FC7 kernel.
>
> For this, I use virt-install to install the new os, but it seems to
> freeze after these messages :
>
> "
> Xen virtual console successfully installed as xvc0
> Event-channel device installed.
> usbcore: registered new interface driver libusual
> usbcore: registered new interface driver hiddev
> usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
> drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.6:USB HID core driver
> PNP: No PS/2 controller found. Probing ports directly.
> i8042.c: No controller found.
> mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
> TCP bic registered
> Initializing XFRM netlink socket
> NET: Registered protocol family 1
> NET: Registered protocol family 17
> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/51712
> XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0
> Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 938k
>
> "
>
> The same operation under FC6 was ok.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> BR

Actually, it's not frozen - your console has been redirected to the
graphical console, where there's a login prompt sitting there. Add
the --vnc flag to your virt-install line, and you should see the graphical
console pop open for you. If your Xen machine is headless, you'll need to
do the set DISPLAY and xhost dance to a workstation with a head and your
console will come up there.