Skype and Linux

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jun 27 12:08:22 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:

>> Stay out of /lib/modules.
>> The file you want is /etc/modprobe.conf.
>>> But my question to this group is, do I dare do this sort of
>>> thing to a kernel module?
>>>

>> Sure, but make sure you keep a copy of the original file before you
>> change it. That way it is easy to revert.
>>
>     Ahh, that is the secret. Always be able to revert to the original
> file. I will copy the original to /root/ for safe keeping :-)

Isn't this a misunderstanding?
The advice, as I understood it, was to add the lines to /etc/modprobe.conf .
I wouldn't have thought it was necessary to go to great lengths
to save the old version;
you can always delete what you added if it doesn't do what you want.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366