Formatting CDs

BRUCE STANLEY bruce.stanley at prodigy.net
Wed Jun 27 13:08:38 UTC 2007

Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote: Thufir wrote:
> I'm not sure that it's possible to mount a CD R/W such that you can write
> and read to it dynamically with random access.
>
> Is it possible to do that in windows?

I do not believe it is possible in windows the way the OP wants it either.

The only thing that I know is to create a multi-session CD-RW and then using
 your burner software drag and drop additional files to the CD.  The same
can be done in Linux.

I guess no one on this list has ever used the Nero/INCD sofware under
Windows.

You can format the CD-RW disk to act like a Hard drive,
that is,   drag and drop files to it like a hard drive, copy to,
delete, etc.

There is no session management to maintain.