New eyes please

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jun 27 22:59:33 UTC 2007

    I am rewriting files and they have gone well but I have a problem.
Here is my fstab file that almost works fine:

# Start
/dev/hdb5               /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
/dev/hdb7               /fc4                    ext3    noauto, user    0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda2               none                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb3               none                    swap    defaults        0 0
# End

The problem is the second line which should let user mount /dev/hdb7 on
/fc4 but it will not work. Here is what I get when I try it:

[karl at k5d ~]$ mount /fc4
[mntent]: line 3 in /etc/fstab is bad
mount: can't find /fc4 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
[karl at k5d ~]$

There is a lot of information there. Alas it isn't helping me. Line 3
worked fine on Red Hat 9 and should here I think. If you see my folly
please let me know.

Karl