kernels going worst and worst (fc6) and no answer on this list

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Thu Jun 28 08:05:20 UTC 2007

Bonjour,

I can see people getting problems when they update their kernel: one
cannot get his preceding resolution on his monitor, another one has no
more printer....

I posted some messages about new problems after updating my kernel....

NO ANSWER!

I post again, in hope... before switching to another distro...

USB:

At the early beginning of kernel boot, I can read this message:

USB 3-1 device descriptor read/64 error -71
(repeated four times)
USB 3-1 device not accepting address 5 error -71

and... my scanner no longer works....

LVM:
When I installed fc6, I used lvm and no problem occured with the first
kernel.

When I updated the kernel (I'm now using the last one), I got this
message at the early beginning of boot up:

volume with uuid P3thCb-...... (long sequence of letters and figures)
not found...

this message repeated at least 3 times.

The system boots at last but from where is this uuid read? I cannot find
it anywhere (/dev/disk/byuuid, using command blkid, etc...)

Added today, after updating the kernel, this new message:

WARNING: VG name fedora: existing f50a09-..... (created here) takes
precedence over 6cB1NT-.....

ETH1:

WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
    e1000: eth1: e1000_request_irq: Unable to allocate MSI interrupt
Error: -22 ...:  1 Time(s)

I never got any answer! do kernel developers never read this list?

What will happen with the next kernel? System won't boot? shall I lose
my printer? My soundcard?

Regards.

- --
François Patte