Mplayer not playing dvd

Ashley Pritchard linuxpen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 15:49:41 UTC 2007

I had installed Xine, VLC, MPlayer & Ogle & all would crash on me when I
attempted to play a DVD. When I ran them from a terminal I would get a
message insufficient resources when I have 2g of ram installed. Me laptop
has a intel integrated 915GM/PM/GMS/910ML Express graphics card. Thei card
uses shared/dynamic memory. When I checked the driver which recognized the
type of card I have it was listed as an 'Experimental' driver for Intel
integrated graphics. I noticed that there was another driver there that was
for intel integrated graphics but was not labeled as experimental. So I
tried that one & I can plat DVDs w/xine, mplayer, vlc or ogle.

On 6/28/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 10:02 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> > Mplayer starts and the screen comes up but does not show any video.
>
> Install and use vlc.
> --

Diolch yn fawr, Ashley