selinux eradicator?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Jun 28 21:30:23 UTC 2007

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>>
>> Or maybe a selinux free fedora spin?
>>
> [snippage]
>
> Why not? I don't want it on my machine, either. I suspect quite
> a few people would prefer not to have it. It could be made
> an optional part of the install. Putting selinux as a requirement
> into the individual packages is silly. If RPM is incapable of
> recognizing some sort of package dependency like "I play with
> these versions, but do not require any of them", then RPM needs
> an enhancemet.
>
> Mike
Hi Mike, I looked at my dmesg and here is the part about selinux:

SELinux:  Completing initialization.
SELinux:  Setting up existing superblocks.
SELinux: initialized (dev hdb5, type ext3), uses xattr
SELinux: initialized (dev usbfs, type usbfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev tmpfs, type tmpfs), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev debugfs, type debugfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev selinuxfs, type selinuxfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev mqueue, type mqueue), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev hugetlbfs, type hugetlbfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev devpts, type devpts), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev eventpollfs, type eventpollfs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev inotifyfs, type inotifyfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev tmpfs, type tmpfs), uses transition SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev futexfs, type futexfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev pipefs, type pipefs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev sockfs, type sockfs), uses task SIDs
SELinux: initialized (dev cpuset, type cpuset), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev proc, type proc), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev bdev, type bdev), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev rootfs, type rootfs), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev sysfs, type sysfs), uses genfs_contexts
audit(1183008052.901:2): policy loaded auid=4294967295

This tells me that init is running a selinux demon and I know how to
stop that I think. I looked at /etc/rc.d/init.d/ but no selinux switch.
So I ask where in hell is it?

[root at k5d init.d]# whereis selinux
selinux: /etc/selinux /usr/include/selinux /usr/share/selinux
/usr/share/man/man8/selinux.8.gz
[root at k5d init.d]#

So there is some reading that needs doing.

Karl