selinux eradicator?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jun 29 03:00:52 UTC 2007

Mike McCarty wrote:
> I quote:
>
> "the management of SELinux needs and will improve with the continuous
> development of better user space tools"
>
> That is faith, not a matter of technical fact.

Install F7, try out the SELinux Troubleshooter. It is a tool and surely
did not simply appear without technically competent people and groups
put down their time to the effort for improvement.

> A fellow was being roundly and unreasonably criticized for not
> wanting to run SELinux.

How do we know that? Maybe he is a hacker foiled by SELinux preventing
execution of his scripts on target machines.

> If I saw a request here asking how one would make root not
> have a password, I might comment that IMO it was a bad idea,
> but I wouldn't use sarcastic criticism[*] to try to convince
> him of that idea. I would supply the information on how to
> do it. Certainly, until one knows what the eventual goal
> of someone else it, it doesn't make sense to criticize
> it. Having root have no password is a reasonable thing for
> a LiveCD, for example.

Interpretations are different. I read Get rid of needing to install
anything ELinux completely or I'm changing to a different distro.

--
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called
upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.