Formatting CDs

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 08:19:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 03:54:14 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

> I am not aware that one can do something to a CDROM using Windows which
> will allow Linux to use simple cp, rm, etc. commands to modify the
> content of that CDROM. Are you sure you have this right?

I think it's a massively bad idea, and expensive, and slow, and looks to
be error prone, but:

"Packet writing is an optical disc recording technology used to allow
writeable CD and DVD media to be used in a similar manner to a floppy
disk. "

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_writing>

At least the third time this wikipedia article has been posted to this
thread :(

-Thufir