Update methods

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Jun 29 12:22:03 UTC 2007

    I know people are working on GUI methods of Updates. I used that
early in my experiance with FC6 and it was a bad one. There were a lot
of updates, I didn't really know what was happening and it went on for 8
hours.

    Since then I see the little flag come on saying you have some
updates and I send it away. Then in a seperate window I bring up a
terminal, make it root, and type "yum update" and then go back to what I
was doing. I go back and eventually it needs me to tell it to do it.
Right now I want to see what is coming. Soon I will modify the call to
"yum -y update" and I don't have do anything.

Karl