[OT] Saving file as blob in PgSQL

Joe Tseng joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 20:17:57 UTC 2007

Has anyone written code to save files in PgSQL in a BLOB field?  I can't seem to get it to play with my file...  I created a new column named resultsArchive of type "bytea" and psql won't play nice:

data=> update tblTests set resultsArchive=lo_import('/temp/stuff.txt') where idTest = 161;
ERROR:  column "resultsarchive" of relation "tbltests" does not exist
LINE 1: update tblTests set resultsArchive=lo_import('/temp/stuff....

I've googled for examples and I see nothing that would make me think this is not correct.  Useful help would be greatly appreciated.

 - Joe