Grub sucks!

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jun 30 11:10:56 UTC 2007

Thomas Tschoepke Soares wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 16:51 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     I have made 3 CD-Rom's following instructions with care from info
>> grub and while close it's still not right. I took the things from my
>> /boot/grub/ directory and put them in the .iso file and made the last
>> CD. It comes up just like the page I get when I turn on my computer! Cool.
>>

> Agree!!!!    Grub really suxx.
>
> After many years using LILO, moved to Grub trying to stay up to date.
>
> Then, after 2 ugly cases with Grub - at one it deletes all partitions on
> two HDs... (i could recover all with TestDisck) i moved "back" to LILO
> and will stay on it.
>
> Besides, AFAIK Grub do not offer the useful "-R" option of LILO.
>
> Just my 2 cents.

    Hi Thomas, I think that LILO is better documented. So you feel real
good about it working and I get the feeling GRUB needs some help with
with it's help. I like the way Grub works because there is no way a hard
drive can be too large.

    I have not had trouble with Grub. But I have had trouble because I
didn't know what Grub did.

Karl