Booting F7 Installation DVD

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jun 30 17:04:42 UTC 2007

Dave Cross wrote:
> I have a Philips Freevents X51 laptop and I'm having real problems
> getting the F7 installation DVD to boot.
>
> It boots to the initial screen, where you press "enter" to start the
> installation, but at that point it seems that the keyboard is
> unrecognised. Pressing any key has no effect at all.
    I think where you are in the loading you don't need any keys. Tell
me if your mouse works and can you click on the thing in the far left
bottom? It takes a long time to go on but just be patient.

> I've used DVDs burnt from downloaded ISOs and the DVD that came free
> with this month's copy of Linux Format. But they all fail in the same
> way. The same DVDs have worked successfully on other computers.
>
> Some time ago I successfully installed FC6 from DVD on this laptop and
> it's currently running Ubuntu which I installed from a magazine cover
> disk. But I'm getting frustrated with Ubuntu and want to come home to
> Fedora.
>
> Any advice?

    Yes. If the F7 does not load for some reason load your FC6 back up.
That is what I am using and it works fine. I like FC6 but have loaded F7
and will putter around on it a bit.

Karl