CentOS for newbie's desktop? [Was: Re: Fedora Core ... problem]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 1 02:03:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 08:30 -0500, Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:
> The biggest drawback is multimedia.  People mail
> wmv files and mp3's and other stuff to each other.
> It takes a bit of effort to get this working under
> Linux.  There are still a lot of sites which do not
> work correctly under Linux that I have not found
> a way to access.

In recent times, using mplayer, and the mplayerplug-in for the
webbrowser, *I've* found Linux actually working with more sites than
Windows did.  There's always some that won't work with Linux, but I've
found the same sites are often broken with Windows, too.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.