time to 64bit?

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 05:53:25 UTC 2007

Ian Malone wrote:
> Another post has just got me wondering, whether
> the update to F7 is time for me to go to 64bit.
> (The machine is an Athlon X2).  I'm quite attached
> to using mplayer and find Flash increasingly
> useful, so what is people's experience of 64bit
> at the moment?

I am using FC6 64bit currently. mplayer manages to play almost
everything that I throw at it. And flash is not a problem with
nspluginwrapper (http://www.gibix.net/projects/nspluginwrapper/).

These are the related rpms that I currently have installed.

[veejay at marvin ~]$ rpm -qa|egrep "^mplayer|nsplugin"
mplayer-doc-1.0-0.66.rc1.lvn6
nspluginwrapper-i386-0.9.90.4-1
mplayer-1.0-0.66.rc1.lvn6
mplayerplug-in-3.31-2.lvn6