massive time drift. NTP help required

Henry Ritzlmayr fedora-list at rc0.at
Fri Jun 1 12:38:46 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, den 01.06.2007, 06:26 -0600 schrieb Mark Hutchinson:

<snip>

> Anyone have any thoughts on what could be up with this?
> Other things I can try.  I am not sure why my clock is off this much.
> All brand new hardware as well.

I had the same problem with an ASUS "P5B-VM DO". Time drift was exactly
1 second per minute or as you describe it 1 minute per hour.

I also got lost ticks warnings in /var/log/messages.

I got rid of the time drift problem by enabling AMT within the BIOS and
disabling the LAN Controller! Obviously even AMT is disabled (by
default) there is still something hogging the interrupts which caused
the time drift on my system. After disabling the LAN Controller, AMT can
be disabled for good now.

I had the problem with any FC6 kernel. FC7 kernels where not affected.

Henry