F7 torrent advice please

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Jun 1 14:26:48 UTC 2007

Mark Haney wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;

>> So, in Ktorrent, can the upload bandwidth be throttled on the
>> individual file somehow, so that there is enough bandwidth to properly
>> handle the downloading of the other file, or do I have to disable that
>> share until the other is finished?
>>
>> I've not succeeded in finding such an option in its menus as yet.
>>

> Is ktorrent a must?  I've always found it to be not as useful as the CLI
> version of bittorrent.  That way I can just add --max_upload_rate  to
> the torrent I'm downloading or seeding and be happy.

FWIW, you can go to 'Settings' -> 'Configure Ktorrent' and setup maximum
upload and download rates.  Running multiple copies should allow you to
throttle torrents individually.

--
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico
fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support