Fedora Core 6 HUGE problem - Binary drivers.

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:26:38 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That's a great description. Can you arrange to have that put in large
> >> letters on the home and download pages?
> >
> > "Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that showcases the
> > ====latest==== in free and open source software. Fedora is always free
> > for anyone to use, modify, and distribute. It is built by people across
> > the globe who work together as a community: the Fedora Project. The
> > Fedora Project is open and anyone is welcome to join."
> >
> > If do not agree with this "mission statement" and such, you have no
> > business using it.
> > It is as simple as that.
>
> That mission statement says nothing about unnecessarily breaking
> previously working code.  That's the part that is a problem for me,
> which is why I'd suggest that they either point out the strong
> possibility of that happening in their statement or make it happen less
> often.

You do realize that almost every month now you're arguing against
otherwise standard fedora behavior right? This is just another month,
anther argument.

Fedora did not break anything else in Fedora by an incompatible
update. A Fedora update broke something outside of Fedora.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud