Install DVD hang after boot selection screen, but before anaconda

Austin Meyer austin.g.meyer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:34:35 UTC 2007

I am running fedora core 6, I want to upgrade to Fedora 7.  I
attempted to install Fedora 7 test 4, and had the same problem, but I
just assumed it was a bug that was going to be fixed for the release.
I downloaded the install dvd, did a checksum to make sure I had the
whole thing, then burned it to a dvd and verified the burn right
after.  I inserted the DVD, it booted to the boot selection screen, I
have tried the first three options, and all of them begin to run
initrd then the line of dots.  All of them stop right after the dots
(right after it returns "Ready.").  It doesn't truly hang because the
computer does not freeze, I can push the eject button on the disc
drive, it ejects fine and responds quickly.  That's the only thing I
can do though, I have changed the bios settings to see if that's the
problem and it just does the same thing every time.  What should I try
to fix this problem?  It's quite frustrating because I have almost no
things that could possibly make it freeze there... it seems my
hardware should be supported because I'm running fc 6 with all
updates.  Thanks for your help.

Austin