FC7 on small system

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Jun 1 20:34:50 UTC 2007

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:19:37 -0700, Kam Leo wrote:
>
>> On 6/1/07, Jan Welker <jan.welker at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> He probably wants a long lived system, i.e. security updates. However,
>> for such a resource limited system my question is why not use Damn
>> Small Linux or BSD?
>
> I never heard of Damn Small Linux.  A requirement that
> I didn't mention is that the same httpd (and a few other)
> configuration files used on my small system, must also
> run on a larger FC7 system.  Would you still consider
> Damn Small Linux in this case?.
>
> Mike.

Without question, DSL is great and you can pretty much 'plug and chug'
with it like any other linux system.  I think DSL default to lighttpd,
but I could be wrong.

--
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico
fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support