bittorrent speed way too low, what possible causes?

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Jun 1 21:18:21 UTC 2007

Around or about Friday 01 June 2007 01:44 pm, Rod Heyd spake thusly:

[....]

>> In fact, as long as I'm downloading iso files (via BitTorrent, ftp, or
>> http)
>> I'm timing out on anything on the Internet (Email, Usenet, you name it).
>>
>> I've never had this problem with Cox before. It must be a new thing.
>>
>> To say it has me very unhappy is an understatement.
>

> If Cox is throttling bittorrent they are doing it very selectively, I have
> cox as well, and was able to download the DVD torrent in about 2 hours,
> with download rates that varied between 512k to over 1M/s.

Your download speed is around what I normally get. Sometimes up to 2Mb/s.
They claim up I can get up  to 6, but I've never gotten close to that.

In a period of (approximately) 12 hours, I was able to download about 1/3 of
the full DVD via Bittorrent.  I've given up for the time being.

I'm going to try a net install for now and see how that goes.

--
        Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com