Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Jun 1 21:34:29 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:04 -0500, Justin Gibson wrote:
> Yes, you can install from the LiveCD.  You can then install the
> missing packages you want/need afterwards via yum or whichever
> front-end for it you prefer.

Yes, that's true.  You can run directly from the LiveCD.  If you like
it, you can install the LiveCD stuff onto your hard drive (there's a
tool provided for that).  For the full install, it grabs the things you
need/want off the Internet.

> The other option is to use Pungi and the livecd-tools to roll your own
> customized respin and choose the packages you want.
>
> On 6/1/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>         On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 19:28 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>         > Aaron Konstam wrote:
>         > > On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:12 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>         > >> Joachim Backes wrote:
>         > >>> Hi,
>         > >>>
>         > >>> having some systems without DVD drive, but with CD
>         drive.
>         > >>> Is there a place from where I can download some CD isos
>         instead of one
>         > >>> DVD iso for F7?
>         > >> The "Fedora" spin doesn't have CD equivalent but there is
>         GNOME and KDE
>         > >> based Live images available from the torrent and mirrors.
>         > >>
>         > >> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org
>         > >>
>         > >> Rahul
>         > >>
>         > > What then does the Release notes mean insection 2.2.1
>         Spins by:
>         > > "A regular image for desktops, workstations and server
>         users"?
>         >
>         > I wrote that release notes and I referred to Fedora regular
>         DVD image.
>         > Is there any contradiction?
>         >
>         > Rahul
>         >
>         It is not so much a contradiction but the absence of a clear
>         statement
>         of how people without DVD drives can install Fedora 7?
>
>         People keep asking but no clear answer is offered. Is it a
>         Live CD that
>         downloads the system from somewhere ore what?
>         --
>         Advice to young men: Be ascetic, and if you can't be ascetic,
>         then at
>         least be aseptic.
>         Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail:
>         akonstam at sbcglobal.net

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-          When all else fails, try reading the instructions.        -