leftover fc6 rpms after fedora 7 upgrade

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Jun 1 23:04:25 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 00:39 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 01/06/07, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
> > > Will these packages be in the F7 directories on the mirrors?
>
> Yes.
>
> > >  Or if we
> > > want to find these packages do we have to look at FC6 packages?
>
> No, not the fc6 repositories.
>
> > That's not clear from the release notes, but I suspect they'll be in
> > the F7 repositories--copied over from the FC6 repos.  If they do rebuild
> > them, then they'll probably get the ".f7" (or is it ".fc7") tag and the
> > issue will be moot.  That's only an educated guess, by the way.
>
> At the beginning of a Fedora development cycle, the repository starts
> with copies of all the packages from the previous distribution
> release. F7 started with copies from FC6, later merged with FE6.

So, to clarify, even if the package has the ".fc6" tag, it will be
found in the F7 repos and, when updated, will be given the appropriate
".fc7" or ".f7" tag, correct?

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-           Vegetarian:  Old Indian word for "lousy hunter"          -