Open TCP Port -> Write Bytes -> Wait-> Close Port = Nothing, Out?

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sat Jun 2 03:05:52 UTC 2007

Lance Drake <lance at drake.org> wrote:

> Hi Fedora Folks,
>
> Any idea why, when I successfully open a TCP:PORT connection - write
> bytes into the port - wait PLENTY of time - Close Port - that nothing
> leaves ?
>
> The exact same code (from within a duplicate JBoss deployment
> situation) runs on my Mac system - but does not work on Fedora...
> hmmmm...
>
> Any ideas on how to prove/locate where the bytes-ball gets dropped?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lance Drake
iptables or selinux could be blocking what you're trying to do.  Put
selinux into permissive mode if it isn't already, stop iptables and
re-run your test.  If it still doesn't work, hmmm...  What is listening
on that port that should be doing something with the incoming data?

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce