I love IP Tables....

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sat Jun 2 03:43:12 UTC 2007

"jdow" <jdow at earthlink.net> wrote:

> From: "David G. Miller" <dave at davenjudy.org>

>> > Cupidity - immoderate greed
>> >
>> > OK.  I'm impressed.  I've read several books by William Manchester and
>> > Winston Churchill and thought I had a good vocabulary.  I like learning
>> > new words.  They're the palette of conversations.
>>

> I've been accused of having too many vocabules.
Impossible.  See works by the authors I mentioned.  Being able to use
exactly the right word to express precisely the right meaning is the
beauty of a good vocabulary.  Unfortunately, we tend to get tarred with
the same brush as is applied to those who specifically choose obscure
words to obfuscate their meaning.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce