Fedora 7 and bcm43xx_mac802112

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200706 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 04:06:20 UTC 2007

"John Pierce" <john.j35 at gmail.com> writes:
> I have tried both hex and ascii for my key and neither works.  I must
> admit this is the first time I have been able to get the system
> scanning with the native driver bcm43xx_mac80211.

Fedora-7 broke something with WPA authenication for me.  The only way
I could get authentication to work is to hack the wpa_supplicant
startup to the end of ifup-wireless.

If wpa_supplicant was started before the network it would loop and
never associate.  If it was started after the network it would
associate but the dhclient started by the network startup code would
never ask for an IP address.

I don't know if your problem is similar but lack of association rang a
bell.

-wolfgang
Hints for IPv6 on FC6 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/fedora/ipv6-tunnel.html