Slow Fedora 7 downloads ? - do you already have an F7test iso ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 2 07:34:13 UTC 2007

To those struggling to get the Fedora 7 dvd iso image downloaded:

If you have previously downloaded Fedora 7 Test4 or earlier, you might
find my program announced in fedora-test-list very helpful.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-June/msg00018.html

The program allows you to specify an iso you are trying to download {aka
Fedora 7 dvd}, and then provide the local location of the earlier test
iso {mounted}, or the actual DVD {mounted}. It then uses the iso table
of contents / directory structure gained using iso-info {from libcdio}
to insert the files from your local media into the iso image you are
downloading.

Because it is an initial proof-of-concept release, it might be a good
idea to make a copy of your .iso file first in case something goes wrong
{which I have not seen - but is likely once the "real world" starts
using it}.

Anyway, the program is command line only at this stage, and help is
provided in the text of the python program. Note that for bittorrent {I
use azureus}, you need to "Force Recheck", after you restart azureus,
but before you restart the torrent !

Let me know if it does or does not work, for you, and I'll try to help out.

DaveT.