What grub options do I need to add to grub.conf to boot F7 on an HP-dv5120us?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jun 2 08:32:32 UTC 2007

On Saturday 02 June 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I have quite a list of them that FC5 needed to boot with, on an
>> HP-dv5120us lappy.
>>
>> Like:
>> kernel (version) noacpi noapic pci=assign-busses lapic
>>
>> Will these still be required for F7?  Its an AMD 64, running i386 stuffs.
>
>It shouldn't be required. Try and let us know.
>
>Rahul

I haven't checked to see if the installer added anything, but I didn't, and it
rebooted and ran mostly ok, no crashes.  Just one obvious problem.  X.

The gnome pulldown menu's are somewhere near worthless as by the time you have
slid your mouse off the main pulldown into a subcategory, about 500 to 1500
ms later the main pulldown disappears even if you are standing on the LMB to
try and hold it.  If you leave the mouse over the main menu, with the LMB
down, it will stick around, but it sets there and flickers in and out once
opened if the LMB isn't held. This makes it very very difficult to select
some of the programs as its all gone by the time you can read the list to see
if the one you want to run is there.  Tomorrow I'll try a switchdesk to kde
and see if it remains a problem.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)