Fedora 7: Finishing upgrade process. This may take a little while...

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jun 2 14:30:07 UTC 2007

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Because large commercial customers don't care much for it, the upgrade
> process is not much of a priority, as far as the development effort goes.

Is that true?

If a developer offers an installation method, it should work.
If it does not work, it should not be offered.

In my experience, anaconda is rather poor from this point of view.
I'd give it gamma--.
Very little effort seems to have been put into
examining what happens if something goes slightly wrong.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366