Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

Stanley A. Klein sklein at cpcug.org
Sat Jun 2 17:36:50 UTC 2007

I have a 500 Mhz Pentium machine that runs FC5 very well.  I installed it
using the multi-CD set.

I can NOT put a DVD drive on the machine, because the minimum speed for
DVD drives is around 800 Mhz, based on all the drive boxes I looked at
when I investigated the matter.

The only way I can do an install of F7 equivalent to what I now have with
FC5 is to have a multi-CD equivalent of the DVD.  Is there any place I can
download it?  I haven't found one.  If I have a machine elsewhere that can
read DVD's (and I do) is there a way for me to make the same kind of
multi-CD set I need from the DVD?

Or has the Fedora Project, in its wisdom, decided to abandon people like
me as users?

Stan Klein