Installation of Fedora 7 no go

M Daniel R Magarzo 4.mdr.magarzo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 16:44:49 UTC 2007

> I have done several installs with partitions already
> made
>
> /boot partion 100 MB ext3
> swap partion 1024 MB
> and a
> root partion of 15GB with a machine triple booting
> windows/FC3/FC5 Test 2
>
> It worked.  I created the partions with cfdisk from
> Slax live cd.  I have also used SystemRescueCD and
> Gparted Live CD to create partitions.  However, for
> one reason or another Fedora always wants to reformat
> the root partion, and I let it so that It will let me
> proceed with the install.  This time, I had other
> partitions and it did not cooperate.  I deleted the
> other partitions and tried to let Fedora Installer do
> it its way and still did not succeed with the Install
> DVD.
>
> BTW,
> The failed installation from the DVD, was made up for
> by the LiveCD.  Install succeed from LiveCD.  Sorry
> for the noise.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

Antonio, what noise?
As you must know, this is a list -precisely- for noising -understood
positively, of course.
You are contributing with your experiences, that's not bad.
For sure that there are tons of people learning from it too. Actually,
I'm sure that many people are here lurking or -just- reading without
intentions of involving much in the project. I know that is hard to
believe at first, but here there are _common home users_ (remarked),
like me -for example :-) which has nothing to do with IT Engineering.

Cheers