Install F7 from external USB drive is impossible

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:48:23 UTC 2007

On 03/06/07, joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
<joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if i try to install F7 from an external USB DVD drive, it will not
> install, but offers a prompt where I can select to install from local
> CDROM, HD, NFS a.s.o., and i miss the usual prompt for verifying the
> install media.
>
> If i then select local cdrom, then my internal IDE-drive is eject, but
> if i then insert the F7 DVD, it is not accepted.
>
> On the other hand, booting directly from an internal IDE DVD drive goes
> fine and will install.
>
> Similar experiences?

I did an install from USB key only yesterday using the Live CD image
iso and livecd-tools.

livecd-tools is here:

http://git.fedoraproject.org/?p=hosted/livecd;a=snapshot;h=HEAD

(isotostick.sh is the relevant script to run).

Of course, you'll need to be running this on an already installed FC-6 box.

HTH.