Fedora 7

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 3 17:51:07 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>>> It is a serious weakness of Fedora, in my view,
>>> that there is no proper attempt to get feedback on this issue.
>>> (Bugzillas are only used by a tiny proportion of users.)
>> Since this is just guess work what would you consider a "proper" attempt
>> to get feedback on thousands of packages other than bugzilla,irc or
>> mailing lists?
>
> It would be perfectly simple to have a feedback form
> with a number of checkboxes,
> eg "Did you have any problems installing?" [Yes or No],
> If Yes, ask a small number of questions
> to establish where the problem occured.
> "Did you install KDE or Gnome?"
> "Did you update or do a clean install?"
>
> If it were slightly more sophisticated
> the program could probably ascertain the computer in use.

We don't have the resources within Fedora yet to sort through the
results of the survey on a ongoing basis. It it not a new idea and has
been done before

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Surveys

Survey can show broad indications and are helpful on occasions but if
you have a problem with a specific program like Anaconda bugzilla cannot
be replaced by surveys.

Rahul