JAVA NIO SOCKET -> Nothing OUT

Lance Drake lance at drake.org
Sun Jun 3 18:19:21 UTC 2007

Hi Fred,

For sure this is not a JBOSS problem - it's a JAVA SOCKET PROBLEM on
FEDORA

On the PC box running Fedora - no characters leave the ENET channel -
on a Mac running MacOSX - all works as expected.

ESSENTIALLY:   SocketChannel myvar;

myvar = SocketChannel.open(new java.net.InetSocketAddress(addr,port));

myvar.write(buffer);

(delay inserted here for debug to make sure socket not closed too soon)

myvar.close();

The PC Box running Fedora has no other ENET problems - JBOSS server I/
O, browser, FTP, etc  - all is working fine.

The WIRESHARK idea would be cool - but nothing is leaving the OS and
being deposited into the ENET port to even get to a wire.

  But I THANK YOU for responding to my post.   Perhaps there is some
other factor or situation I can look at.

Best Wishes,

Lance Drake