Installing F7 by CD and not by DVD

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 22:19:04 UTC 2007

Antonio Olivares wrote:

>   I do have dvd drives on my pcs.  They pass the media
> checks and all, but installtion fails at one point or
> another.  However, the LiveCD does intall.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antonio

Hmm...  There is extensive coverage in the Release Notes about potential
problems and their solutions. Do any of them look like your problem? I do
recall that there is a major problem with some systems not accepting the
change over from hdx to sdx and that solution was as simple as editing
fstab. Perhaps you should look there? At the Release Notes I mean. Or the
Fedora 7 installation guide.

--

  David